Settling in a foreign country is a major factor that multiplies all kind of psychiatric disorders, mostly stress symptoms and mood disorders. Dimitris Margaritis provides high quality psychiatric services in English, in his private office located in the centre of Athens.
- Initial psychiatric evaluation (diagnostic session)
- Psychopharmaceutical surveillance (follow-up sessions)
- Psychopharmaceutical evaluation (second opinion)
- Medical visit at home (Attica region, Elefsis, Thebes)
- Drug Prescription (e-prescription)
Psychiatric care is offered for a wide range of symptoms and medical conditions:
- Stress disorders: Panic attacks, Generalized stress, Chronic stress, Acute stress in crisis situations, Post-traumatic stress, Burn out syndrome
- Mood disorders: Depression, Dysthymia, Cyclothymic states, Bipolar Disorders, Complicated Grief
- Sleep disorders:such as Insomnia, Sleep-awakening disturbances
- Obsessive-Compulsive disorders: Obsessions, Compulsions, Hoarding, Hair picking, etc.
- Cognitive disorders: Minor Memory disorders, Dementia syndromes, Alzheimer disease)
- Behavioural disorders and relation problems: Aggression, Irritability, Impulsions
- Development disorders: Autistic spectrum, Mental disability, Attention Deficit-Hypermobility Disorder
- Food disorders: Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge eating
- Abuse/Addiction: Psychotropic drugs, Alcohol abuse, Internet addiction, gambling
The doctor’s further specialization in Liaison Psychiatry, allows implementing a holistic patient-centred approach to health, care, and support, especially in cases such as the following:
- Psychiatric symptoms occurring concurrently with other medical conditions, such as Diabetes Mellitus, Parkinson disease, malignancies, chronic pain.
- Medical conditions closely affected by psychological factors: Dermatological, Gastrointestinal, Endocrinological diseases.
- Psychosomatic symptoms: Conversion disorders, Atypical pain/symptoms with negative previous examination.
Online Medical Care
Although face-to-face contact is irreplaceable, online video appointments on Skype/FaceTime can be made available to accommodate residents of remote areas (island/mainland residents), who have no access to medical care locally.
Arrange an appointment
Appointments at the practitioner’s office are available in the evenings, Monday to Friday from 5pm to 9pm.
To arrange αν appointment please contact me at:
The office is located in the centre of Athens, 47 Dimitrakopoulou str. in Koukaki, within a short walking distance from Syggrou-Fix metro station (Red Line, Anthoupoli-Elliniko).